Benefits of Getting Dental Implants
There are a number of treatments at the disposal of a dentist for treating tooth loss. At the top of the list are dental implants.
Dental implants are superior to other treatments. They stand out in the following ways.
• Durability: When properly cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime. Compare that to dental bridges, which only last about 10 years.
• Maintain face shape: Without teeth in bone, the bone will deteriorate over time, leaving a face looking sunken. But implants preserve and protect the bone just like natural teeth, preventing bone loss and allowing you to maintain the shape of your face.
• Ease of speaking: It can be difficult to pronounce words with dentures. Implants allow you to speak just like you could with natural teeth.
• No food restrictions: Denture wearers are advised to avoid hard, chewy or sticky foods. With implants, though, you can bite and chew normally and eat whatever you want. Additionally, implants allow you the full taste of the foods, unlike some dentures.
• Avoid teeth movement: Dentures can move or even fall out as you eat, speak, laugh or cough. Implants, though are fused with the bone, so they cannot move at all no matter what you do.
• Oral hygiene: Caring for dentures can be a hassle. Implants can be brushed and flossed just as easily as natural teeth.
• Protect healthy teeth: A dental bridge requires enamel to be removed from adjacent healthy teeth to support the bridge. An implant is placed only at the site of the missing tooth, so it does not impact any other teeth.
To find out if dental implants are right for you, schedule an appointment with our tooth implant dentist today.
Back to Blog